- Go out on Common Adventure trips, including access to club-rented campsites in Yosemite and Tuolumne on weekends in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Discounted entry into our hosting of the Reel Rock Film Tour every Fall
- SAC members e-mail list: get cool announcements first. Common Adventure trips will only be announced here.
Become a 2019-20 member! Sign up HERE.
2019-20 Annual Dues are $20/year. You can pay your dues online via our OrgSync account.
Discounted dues are available for Alpine Club Officers and intructors/leaders from other outdoor organizations (OEP, Redwood, etc.). Dues can be completely waived in the event that they will cause a substantial financial hardship for the member.
What your dues do:
- Pay campsite fees for weekly club campsites in Yosemite Valley and Tuolumne Meadows
- Subsidize official club common adventure trips
- Pay for professional althetes to come to Stanford and give awesome presentations on their acheivements!
Starting Oct. 1, 2018 practices are Monday 9-11pm at the AOERC Climbing Wall. Meet other SAC climbers, initiate/plan Common Adventure trips, and build a community of adventure partners.
We periodically host professional climbers, organize video screenings, etc. that are open to the public. Find out about these events by checking the website and/or subscribing to our mailing lists.
SAC trips follow the "Common Adventure" model. Our trips do not have formal leaders or guides, rather all trip participants will coopertively plan trips and share in the work of making the trip fun, safe, and successful. The SAC leadership initiates a few trips per year that are beginner-friendly and aimed to get new members connnected with more experienced alpine enthusiasts.
Common Adventure trips of all skill levels can be initiated by any club member by posting to the club email list. (Hint: weekly socials are also a great place to informally survey member interest and get started with planning trips!)
Check out our historical website for an archive of past events.
Last modified Mon, 28 Oct, 2019 at 10:31